Saturday, January 26, 2013

Review: Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

Title: Infinite Days
Series: Vampire Queen #1
Author: Rebecca Maizel
Pub. Date: August 3rd 2010
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin

Blurb:

“Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you... no one.”

Those were some of Rhode’s last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face. It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste. Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust. I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn’t Rhode. But Justin was... daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.

I never expected to be sixteen again... then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...

Book
GoodreadsAmazonBarnes & NobleBook Depository

Author
WebsiteBlogGoodreads

My Thoughts

While the book wasn't entirely bad, I'm not sure what to make of it.

I did finish Infinite Days "fast" considering the story's progression was very slow, but I think it was more of a "let's get it over with now rather than later" type of "power" reading since I have to read book 2 in the series rather than all the "all consuming hunger for the book" type.

The narrative is too descriptive. I know she's having this amazing moment of "reawakening" her senses and to life, but it was just too much for me. The story also has insta-love gallore. Everyone was saying "I love you" after knowing each other for two months. I found myself in utter disbelief and kept thinking "Oh! My goose!". There's also the "love" triangle. Yeah, that can't be left out or the story won't work.

But like I mentioned, it wasn't all bad. I liked the concept of the book and I still love vampires. In other words, I liked what the author was trying to do with the book, just not how it was executed. I will be reading the second book, Stolen Nights, soon. Like after I post this soon. And if you were wanting to read this book, don't let my not so favorable review of it discourage you. It does have pretty high ratings in GR and plenty of favorable reviews. Who knows? I might just be the weird one.

My rating is 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Take a peek at the trailer


*I am not affiliated to Amazon, B&N, the Book Depository or any other online/physical store I mention on my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Another book below a 3 rating. -_- What is going on in your to read list??? LOL Too bad the only way to weed out the bad ones, is to actually read them.

    ReplyDelete